Texas Coaches Hot Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Texas Coaches Hot Spot

High school football and more from around the state. Feel free to post in all areas. Try to keep the adult talk in the Man Page.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rusk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wittlebearcat
Young Man
wittlebearcat

Female Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Rusk Empty
PostSubject: Rusk   Rusk Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 8:52 pm

Head Coach and Athletic Director position at Rusk High School is open

http://www.ruskisd.net/adminoffice/RISDVacancies.html
Back to top Go down
THEANGRYAX
Young Man
THEANGRYAX

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Rusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusk   Rusk Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:33 pm

thanks ur great
Back to top Go down
pooch23
Baby Boy
pooch23

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Rusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusk   Rusk Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 1:53 pm

I hope they don't ask don't tell
Back to top Go down
wittlebearcat
Young Man
wittlebearcat

Female Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Rusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusk   Rusk Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:38 pm

Job filled.....http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=785975

March 16, 2008
Ted Patton named new Eagles' coach

Ted Patton joins the staff at Rusk High School as the athletic director and head football coach. Coach Patton comes from Elysian Fields, where he led the Yellowjackets to the state finals last season.

After sifting through 115 resumes, interviewing 14 candidates and narrowing the field to four, the Rusk ISD search committee has settled on Elysian Fields Athletic Director and Head Football Coach Ted Patton to replace Coach Wayne Mahaffey, who was reassigned to grade school administration last month.

"Of the four finalists we brought in, we could have hired any one of them," Dr. James Largent, Rusk ISD superintendent said. "It came down to who was a right fit for us right now."

Dr. Largent said Coach Patton's presentation included everything for which the committee was looking in terms of program and football approach.

"When you get to this point, you nit-pick everything you can to find the right fit," he said. "We had four quality guys who will be good head coaches in the near future."

Dr. Largent recommended Coach Patton to the Rusk ISD Board of Trustees Monday. Coach Patton will receive a salary of $72,000 on a one-year contract.

"Rusk has a good track record as far as coaches staying around," Coach Patton said. "I wanted a place where I could settle in with my family."

Coach Patton said he has coached most of his career in East Texas, attending several events in Rusk.

"I have always liked the town and the setting," he said. "The overall package looks good."

Coach Patton said his program will center around leadership, character and athletic development.

"The program has a lot of different aspects to build better athletes," he said. "We have Breakfast of Champions on Friday. There we'll have a lesson on character. We do leadership school and leadership boot camp in the offseason."

Coach Patton said his greatest challenge in Rusk is instilling a sense of belief in the athletes.

"They've had winning seasons six of the past nine years," he said. "If you can get the kids to believe that they should win every time they step on the field, then you've got them on the right page."

Coach Patton will begin his work in Rusk March 25.

LELAND ACKER, Sports Editor, Cherokeean Herald
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rusk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rusk   Rusk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rusk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Texas Coaches Hot Spot :: Coaching Jobs/Moves-
Jump to: